Use these tips from race staff to find the best way to enjoy the Thompson Bucks County Classic.
● Bring the family- If you’re bringing kids to the race sign them up for the free kids races between the Pro Women and Pro Men races. Day of registration is available and open to those age 3-10 with a bike and helmet. If cycling is not their thing take them to the Doylestown Arts Festival Kids Zone at the corner of State and Pine where you can watch the riders fly by as your kids participate in one of the crafts or activities.
● Wine and dine- There are a variety of great restaurants on the course where you can sit and enjoy a meal or beverage while watching the race. Villa Capri, Lilly’s Gourmet and Hickory Kitchen are on the final climb to the finish line; from the second floor of MOMs you can watch the start/finish line activities and the outdoor seating at Paganini Ristorante gives a view of the race and arts festival.
● Feel the thrill of speed- New this year is the cheer zone at the last corner of the course. Stand on the sweeping last turn right up against the barricades and cheer the riders on as they climb up to the finish line. While there find out more about local clubs and shops, other bike centric events like the Philadelphia Bike Expo, shop for cycling apparel in Velocio’s pop up Airstream shop or lounge on the inflatable furniture at the Floyd’s of Leadville tent.
● Meet riders- For those looking to get up close to their favorite teams and riders it’s easy to do so at the Thompson Bucks County Classic. Look for them close to the start/finish line right before or after their race. This is a great time to take a selfie, get an autograph and offer words of encouragement or congratulations.
● Participate- Thanks to the Bucks County Herald citizens can ride on the course for a special one lap ride, the Bucks County Herald Bike Parade. Put some streamers and bells on your bike, wear a costume and help us get spectators along the course excited for the big show. Pre-registration is required, more information available on the website.
● Enter to Win- Stop by Eastburn and Gray's tent on the corner of E. Court and Main to snap a picture and enter their selfie contest for a chance to win official race and Eastburn and Gray Gear. If you're looking for a new bike the Bucks County Composite Mountain Bike Team is selling tickets for a chance to win a brand new bike, proceeds go to developing young riders.
● Throw a party- If you live on the course invite your friends over and throw a party to cheer the riders on!